Health insurance has become inevitable given the current health situation and increasing lifestyle-related diseases globally. In the present times, when health-related expenses are on the rise, having health insurance plan provides a certain peace of mind. It provides financial security in times of medical emergency to the policyholder.
There are different types of health policies offered by insurance companies. These are:
- Individual policy is the type of policy explicitly designed to cover the personal healthcare needs of an individual. It can be customised as per the needs of the user.
- Under family policy, the entire family’s healthcare needs are covered. Generally, a spouse and two kids are covered under this policy, which can be customised per the family’s needs. It has lower premiums compared to the regular individual, but the total sum insured is taken for the entire family.
- Senior citizen policy is formulated especially to cover senior citizens. It comes with all the medical requirements of the senior citizens, like regular checkups, hospital visits, nursing homes, etc. It comes with a higher premium but is an indispensable policy for senior citizens.
- A maternity policy is a Policy that comes customised to cover the medical needs of a mother or expectant mother. It covers all the hospital charges and medical bills with pregnancy. Every medical cost, starting from ultrasound in the early months to post-delivery health checkups, is covered under this plan.
- A personal accident policy is medical insurance that covers all the expenses in case of an accident is the personal accident policy. It prevents one against unforeseen circumstances that may occur on the roads.
- Employee policy – Employee Policy or Group Policy is the one that the employer deploys for its employees. It covers many employees simultaneously, thus called the group policy. It can be an affordable health insurance policy option available to employers.
One can buy the Health Insurance plans of their choice at the tips of their hands. The major insurance companies now offer their health policies through online modes. Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Limited is a leader in the health insurance policies segment, providing comprehensive health coverage plans for varying needs of individuals or groups.
The Health policies are generally offered for one year, and the policy needs to be renewed each year, wherein the company checks the health status and fitness of the policyholder.
While purchasing a new Health Insurance policy in India, a set of documents is required by the insurance company to confirm the identity and health status of the user. These are as follows:
- Proof of age – One of the most important documents required when purchasing a health insurance policy is proof of age. The premiums are calculated based on the age of the policyholder. One has to submit the age proof of all the members of the family to be covered under the medical policy. The various documents which the government authorized to act as proof of age include birth certificate, passport, 10th or 12th mark sheet, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID, PAN Card, etc.
- Proof of address- A permanent address proof must be submitted to the insurance company when purchasing the policy. Following documents can be considered the same: Aadhar Card, telephone bill, electricity bill, passport, ration card, driving license, etc.
- Identity proof- For proof of identity, one can provide an Aadhar card, driving license, voter card, passport, PAN card, etc.
- Photographs- Also, the insurance company requires two recent passport-sized colour photographs at the time of purchase. Photographs of all the policyholders in case of a family policy are required.
- Medical test reports– Some insurance companies ask the customers to undergo thorough health checkups, and the applicant needs to submit those particular medical test reports to the company. The company determines the premium based on the health status of the individuals and hence the requirement for medical information.
In addition to these documents, some insurance companies may ask for additional documents as per their business models.
Documents required at renewal
Only a handful of the documents mentioned above are required at renewal. These include the medical test reports to ascertain the fitness of the policyholder and a proof of address in case of any changes.
The insurance companies have their customer support teams to make the renewal process easier. You can call them anytime and get your specific issues related to renewal addressed. For example, Aditya Birla Health Insurance customer care number is 8828800035. Your health insurance policy is devised for a specific tenure, meaning it has to be renewed at the end of each year so that people can avail of constant coverage. A mediclaim policy can either be bought online through the insurer’s website or renewed offline via an insurance agent.
Thus, renewing a medical health policy is easier than buying a new one. Add the benefits of a no-claims bonus and other discounts; one can save a good amount of money renewing the medical policy. It is highly suggested that policyholders get their policies continued in time to avoid extra costs and reap more benefits.
Read More:- Learn How Diet Can Lower Cholesterol